Frequently Asked Question:
1. Do I need a licence to hire a boat?
A skipper’s ticket or boat drivers licence is not required when the boat is hired during the hours of daylight. Only for night hires.
2. Why don’t I need a skipper’s ticket to operate one of your boats during daylight hours?
MBBH holds a Certificate of Operation which allows you to enjoy the waterways of Mandurah as long as
- The vessel stays within the estuary, marina or peel inlet and does not go out to the ocean.
- The vessel is not capable of exceeding 10knots.
- The driver must receive a Briefing from MBBH staff on the safe operation of the vessel.
- The Vessel can only be used in the hours of Daylight
3. I have never driven a boat before is it safe?
Yes, it is perfectly safe, just listen to the MBBH staff and follow their instruction if unsure just ask the staff your questions. We are here to assist you, we are sure you will have a very enjoyable experience.
4. Do I need a to have a boat licence/ Recreational Skippers Ticket (RST) to Hire a boat to see the Christmas Lights?
Yes, you will need a skipper’s ticket – The Department of Transport Marine Safety has allowed us to extend our licence to operate at night with a couple of extra requirements to our normal operation.
- All vessels have to be fitted with navigation lights.
- The driver / hirer must have a Recreational Skippers Ticket (RST) to show that the driver has operated a vessel and is competent in doing so.
- The vessel must stay in the canals and sheltered waterways and not go out to the ocean.
5. What is the length of hire time for the Christmas lights –
- The minimum hire time is 1.5 hours Please note: night time hire is 6.30pm – 10.00pm
6. What time do I need to be there for my hire?
- You will need to be there 15 -20 mins before your allocated hire time to ensure you have completed your paperwork and safety briefing, so that you can enjoy your full hire time on the water.
7. How many people can I have on the boat ?
- Each boat is licenced for a certain number of people – this number includes all adults, children and infants. i.e.: the boat is licenced for 7 then the maximum people on board inclusive of all children and infants is 7
8. Can I bring my dog on the boats ?
- Yes, absolutely
9. Can I bring food and drinks on the boat ?
- Yes, absolutely
10. Can I fish and crab from the boat ?
- we have certain boat’s that are suitable for fishing & crabbing
- please advise us you wish to fish when booking
- you will need to hold a fishing from boat licence (issued by the Department of Fisheries)
- you can bring you own fishing and crabbing equipment of you can hire from us
MANDURAH FORESHORE WINTER WONDERLAND
Mandurah's Foreshore Winter Wonderland is an authentic ice skating experience overlooking the beautiful estuary. Come and join us for a month of winter festivities, including some great specials from local businesses. Book your tickets now before they sell out! The Foreshore is coming alive with a blizzard of fun from 4 August to 27 August and includes 23 days of outdoor ice-skating, winter activities and warm business specials. Stay tuned for a full schedule of event [...]
2016 Alcoa Peel Business Awards
Mandurah Boat & Bike Hire – were very honored & proud to have been awarded the “Runner Up” of the Tourism Excellence Award and also achieved finalist in the Micro Business Awards at the recent Awards Gala Dinner. We would thank Alcoa, Peel Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Judges & everyone concerned with organising such a fantastic event. The evening was a huge success with 400 people attending the Gala Dinner.
2016 Mandurah Boat Show
Date: 7-9 October 2016 Location: Mandurah Offshore Fishing & Sailing Club, Mandurah. Ocean Marina Description:WA's biggest boat show will be on again this October at Mandurah Ocean Marina! The Club Marine Mandurah Boat Show is Western Australia's biggest boat. Plus fishing and camping gear, all the latest electronics, diving gear and more is all in the one place for visitors to see. A huge line-up of entertainment, attractions, activities and special gue [...]
Peel Paddling Carnival
Peel Paddling Carnival is on again 1-30 September. There is a wide range of paddling events on offer with something to suit all ages and abilities. Most events are free and are provided by local paddling clubs, groups and businesses. Come and try paddling for the first time or, if you already paddle, come and try out a different paddling experience or discipline. See the full program here
A Swell Day Out
A Swell Day Out Date: Sunday 25 September 2016 - Time: 10am - 3pm Date: Sunday 20 November 2016 - Time: 10am - 3pm Location: Mandurah Performing Arts Centre, The Boardwalk, Ormsby Terrace,Mandurah, 6210 Description: Join us for Act-Belong-Commit A Swell Day Out, art and lifestyle markets celebrating WA’s creative brilliance and talent. Mingle and chat with artists and designers and participate in workshops. Taste and buy the very best of Art. Des [...]
Duyfken 2016 Exhibition
Date: 5th September 2016 to 14th September 2016 Location: Mandurah Offshore Fishing & Sailing Club Book your tickets to go aboard the historic Duyfken when it sails into Mandurah in September. Step back in time to the early 1600s. There will be a fully integrated audio tour illustrating the challenges faced by crews as they ventured from the Netherlands to the Spice Islands.